Top Tips for Buying a Hoverboard
Whether you’re about to purchase a hoverboard for yourself, a friend, or family member, it’s important to have a game plan ahead of time. You’ll quickly realize that as you browse options, many personal transportation devices look the same. So let the following tips be your guide to buying the hoverboard that’s right for your needs.
- Safety first - In a previous blog, we addressed some of the safety concerns associated with riding a hoverboard. Today, these devices must have UL 2272 Compliance in order to be considered safe by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. As you would with other major purchases, pay close attention to the brand. Several hoverboard safety incidents have been reported in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, and London. The National Association of State Fire Marshals recommends not leaving your hoverboard unattended while it’s charging. They also advise not overcharging, not leaving it plugged in at night, and not using any third-party chargers.
- Take the rider into account - Did your 5-year-old put a hoverboard on his or her birthday list? Unfortunately, it’s best that they wait a few more years before zipping around the house on a personal transport device. Keep in mind that some hoverboards can reach anywhere from 10 to 15 miles per hour. Coupled with the balance and coordination that are required to ride effectively, a small child on a hoverboard can be a recipe for disaster. Most hoverboard suppliers say that today’s boards are ideal for ages 12 and up. But a rider’s age isn’t the lone factor to consider. You’ll also want to bring the person’s weight into the equation, as many models have a weight limit in place.
- Quality is king - Do you know exactly what sets a high-quality hoverboard apart from a lesser quality one? The reality is that the hoverboard industry is flooded with knock-off’s that are pumped into the retail space for consumers just like you. From motor type to design and everything in between, it can be difficult trying to decipher one board from another. We advise that you start by looking through customer reviews and avoiding unknown, potentially shady sellers.
- Know about speed - We all want to go fast, right? It’s no different when riding a hoverboard. Consider that most models can reach anywhere from 10 to 15 miles per hour. But you also want to note whether the board has off-road capabilities. If so, this can be a game-changer in the buying process.
- Portability is a must - What good is a hoverboard if you can’t carry it around with ease? You’ll find that the average hoverboard weighs between 20 and 30 pounds. Therefore, a high-quality carrying case is key on long trips with your hoverboard.
- Looking at pricing - Those of us who are frugal will go to great lengths to save on big purchase items, such as a hoverboard. But with personal transport devices, the adage “You get what you pay for” definitely applies. Note that models of higher quality tend to feature sturdier frames that can withstand heavier riders and bumps along the road. Some, such as the ones we offer at King Power Boards, have built-in Bluetooth for streaming music.
- Check local laws - In some areas of the world, a person riding a hoverboard must legally abide by the same laws as a bicyclist. In other parts, regulations forbid the use of any vehicles on sidewalks and streets. So it may be illegal for you to ride your board in a spot beside a parking lot, your driveway, or basement. Consider that, in New York City, riding a self-balanced scooter can turn into a $200 fine. Folks in California, meanwhile, are free to ride their hoverboards in bike lanes as long as age and safety requirements are met. There’s obviously plenty of gray areas here, so be sure the laws in your area.
Let Our Hoverboard Store Make Your Decision Easier
So you’ve done your research and started searching for the best hoverboard. Even then, you still can’t narrow down your search. What’s the solution? At King Power Boards, we offer authentic, real hoverboards that you will love. From Bluetooth capabilities and slick designs to water resistance and durability, we can make your decision much less stressful.
Don’t just settle for a hoverboard that meets some of your expectations. We’re confident that you’ll love zipping around in our must-have powerboards.
See what makes us Canada’s leading hoverboard supplier. Shop now.
Are you looking to get a top quality and safe hoverboard for your kid? There's no doubt that these devices make the perfect birthday or Christmas gift for both kids and adults alike. For starters, these self-balancing boards make use of sensors to detect the desired direction of the rider and then its electric motor spins the wheels to move in that direction. In other words, hoverboards are a super fun way to move from one place to another, and you get to look super cool in the process!
Alright, let's set the intro aside and focus on the issue at hand!
What you should know is that the market is saturated with so many brands of hoverboards and getting the perfect one that fits your taste and budget might be or seem like a herculean task. The truth is that you need to consider a few things before taking the plunge especially if you want to get the safest device for your kid. Well, the good news is that this post will give you just about every tip you need to choose the best hoverboard. Sounds good? Let's dive in!
Build Quality - Choose a Reliable Manufacturer
As I mentioned earlier, the market of hoverboards is saturated with different brands vying for your cash. If you're looking to order online, be sure to choose a trusted manufacturer mainly because there's a significant difference in build quality with hoverboards. For example, the housing material, frame, wheels, sensors, internal motors as well as other electronic components may not be the same. It's also an excellent idea to read online reviews before taking the plunge. Just be sure to do your homework on a specific model and pay attention to customers comments.
Choose the Reliable Brand.
Speed and Range
When it comes to speed, most models start from slow speeds of 3 mph up to 10 mph. However, there are a few models that go a bit higher; for instance, PhunkeeDuck models run up to 12 mph, and that's pretty fast!
The range will be a bit tricky measure because a number of factors will play a role in how long and far you can go. Some factors include the incline, terrain as well as the weight of the rider. For the most part, some models cover about 10 to 15 miles on a flat surface. Speed and Range
Batteries and Charge Time
You should also consider the batteries of the hoverboard. As a matter of fact, the batteries determines how fast you can go, the miles you can cover, and it can also add to the overall weight of the device. You should also consider the charge times.
For starters, It's not advisable to go for hoverboards that feature a ridiculously low price. Those cheap ones are likely to have weak batteries, and they might not be safe to use; in essence, there's a good chance of getting injured while riding them. High-quality models feature stronger frames and are sure to the weight of different riders as well as the bumps on the road. There are also some models that offer more power and range! These models tend to come with a higher price tag, and they're worth every penny. Why? Well, you'll get to have reliable parts and enjoy a super safe ride! It's great to choose a hoverboard with the price range of $250 to $600.
Wrapping It Up
So there you have it! So far we have covered just about everything you need to know before buying taking the plunge. Just be sure to follow this checklist, and you'll be well on your way to getting the perfect hoverboard for both you and your kid! Here's to a safe and comfortable riding experience!
What Are Hoverboards?
Frankly speaking, the hoverboards we talk about today can't actually levitate or hover. Instead, they use wheels to roll across the ground and so "Self-Balancing Scooters" would actually be a more accurate name for them.
They normally have two footpads with intuitive, cutting edge sensors to detect even the slightest movements. They are very easy to control, moving forward when you lean forward and braking and reversing when you lean back.
So Why Are They So Hot ?
Firstly you can thank the likes of Justin Bieber, Wiz Khalifa, Nick Khalifa, Nick Jonas, Kendall Jenner and Skrillex and many other celebrities for been seen using hoverbaords in public or in their homes.
Secondly, hoverboards are changing the game in respect to personal transportation and bringing innovation and technology to an entirely new level. Plus it's much easier to control than a skateboard.
Thirdly, self-balancing hover boards are products that make dreams come true for kids and teenagers. Everyone once had a dream of to be supermen when they were young, the hoverboard scooters make this a dream come true (almost!). This is why, world wide, many kids are dying for a chance for try out this kit.
Are Hoverboards Legal ?
Not everywhere. Since more and more hoverboards have been sold, more and more people are rightly concerned about the safety of these vehicles.
The New York City Police Department declared hoverboards illegal and warned people that they could be met with fines and other penalties if they’re caught riding them in the street.
The United Kingdom has taken a similar approach. Self-balancing scooters and other motorized transporters are banned from sidewalks.
Both New York City and the United Kingdom are using similar interpretations of the law to limit the use of self-balancing scooters in public areas. The reason is that hoverboard riders could disrupt the flow of traffic if they're used on sidewalks.
There is no safety if you do not use & care for your product properly. What should we do before and after buying a self-balancing scooter? How do we prevent fire, explosion & injury?
Before Buying A Hoverboard
First of all, make sure you buy the hoverboard scooter from a reliable supplier. A good supplier or store can guarantee the quality and they have a strict inspection system to test products before shipping to consumers.
There are lots of stories and reports of hoverboard fires and explosions from the end of last year, which are mostly caused by poor quality batteries. Good suppliers will use Samsung batteries or other branded batteries.
Secondly, before placing your order, you can inquire with the supplier if you have any concern about the hoverboard.
After Buying A Hoverboard
If you already have a hoverboard, then you should regularly check up when its charging, and refrain from charging it while you are sleeping at night or when you are not at home.
Safety gear is very necessary for the beginners. Do not practice in unstable places or in crowded areas, you may fall and injure or hurt the people around you.
Obey & respect your local laws, do not ride the hoverboards where it has been banned, also be sure not to ride the units on the streets.
As the hottest toys & Christmas gifts for the end of 2015, hoverboards can absolutely bring joy to your whole family. They are so easy for to ride, all you need is 30 minutes of practice and you’re good to go!
Scene 1-Birthday Gift
We've noticed that many kids world wide are dying for a hoverboard, so why not make their birthday extra special?
Scene 2-Holiday Gift
The summer holidays are a time when young people want to get out and about and seen. How much would kids & teens appreciate you, if you could offer them a hover board to get them from place to place this summer?
Scene 3-Christmas Gift
Hoverboards are the best gifts of last year, and so continue to be so in 2016. Everyone has had that dream to be like superman and the hoverboards can (pretty much!) make that dream come true. We believe that, again, hoverboards will be hottest gift for Christmas 2016.
Hoverboards are a kind of sport product but they are also much, much more. You can hover around on the boards to see your friends. Or you can ride with your family to the sea for some fresh air. You can also hover on the board with your GoPro to make videos for your friends and family.
Maybe you’ve already got a iPhone, maybe you’ve already got a Gopro, so why miss out on a hoverboard ? Go and get one from us, now !