What to Do When Your Hoverboard Battery Won't Retain a Charge
How to Test if Your Hoverboard Battery Needs Replacement
- Plug your hoverboard charger into the wall plug. The light on the charger should turn green.
- Plug the hoverboard charger into the hoverboard itself, making sure to line up the 3-prongs correctly to the divot at the end.
- If the battery on your hoverboard is working properly, then the light on the charger should turn red. This red light means that your hoverboard battery is charging and that your problem lies elsewhere.
- If the battery on your hoverboard does not turn red but instead remains green, then your battery is either 100% full, or you have a defective hoverboard battery and it needs to be replaced.
- To determine if your hoverboard is full or empty, first, unplug the charger from the hoverboard.
- Once unplugged, turn on the hoverboard on.
- A) If your hoverboard turns on (after a full charge time) and has a red blinking light in the center, your hoverboard battery is defective and you need to buy a new hoverboard battery. B) If your hoverboard does not turn on at all, then you either need to buy a new hoverboard battery or your motherboard may be bad. C) If your hoverboard turns on and rides for hours, then your hoverboard battery does not need to be replaced.
How do I Fix a Broken Hoverboard Battery?
Unfortunately, a hoverboard battery that isn't working is not repairable by a common consumer, but it is replaceable! Call Us!!